Friday, January 2, 2009

Joy's Journal Entry: 1/2/08

January 2, Honolulu

Randy and Jean arrived in Honolulu New Years Eve. I haven't talked with them yet. I am leaving them alone to their much needed vacation. The deeper I am into this collaboration, the more I realize their hard work and gifts. Yesterday I picked up Larry Mitchell and his wife Candy Jones from the airport. Honolulu was showing her best face: blue sky, blue ocean, warm with an occasional blessing wind. This morning it's raining again. The winter here is the rainy season. Very early this morning as it rained I dreamed. I was within an hour or so of a theater performance. There was a dinner set out in the lobby for the crew. I don’t eat, but promise to have a bite before going on, for energy. I am drawn to the door of the theater. I stand there listening, I gather together those forces who help me, who will accompany and give force to the performance. I feel the building, intense rush for what I know I am going to have to do. I am fully prepared but I know when I step out onto that stage it is not about me at all, I know that for it to work, I must give in to the story, the music. I am absolutely vulnerable. It is what I am there to do. I am about to enter a sacred space. I serve it. We step out together, the story wound with music, and I , and I give myself over, body, heart and soul. Even now as I speak about it my stomach waves and clenches as if I am standing there, about to begin the ceremony.

No comments: